I am for one person

I completed my studies in 2015 and was bouncing back and forth in my life. I served six months as a volunteer teacher, then a year each in a private and government school prior to officially joining the secured government job in 2019. During such time, marriage was out of the question. However, there were three beautiful girls who wanted to get married to me. One was called Karma and she was arranged for me by my eldest brother. She was beautiful but short and had a drinking habit. She was a few years younger than me and divorced. She came to the airport to receive me along with my family when I was returning from university. I didn't know why she was there until that evening. I was taken directly to her house instead of my younger sister's place. Things happened, but not to last long. She would call me and try to convince me to stay with her. But never pleased me. Another one was while I was serving in a private school in Thimphu. She was doing her bachelor's degree at Simtokha. She was also a great girl. But the chemistry between us didn't mature. Maybe it was me who didn't push forward. I knew she was ready but I wasn't. My mind was simply preoccupied with getting a job and making my family happy. When I hear from her the next time, she has got placed in Mongar and was married. This made me mentally prepared to lead a solitary life. In fact, intuitively I was thinking of pursuing a spiritual life. Then, out of nowhere another girl was urgently pushing me to get married to her. It sounded vague and fishy to me. We were just Facebook friends and had a night together. We know nothing much of each other and I needed some time. Later, I have to reject her after knowing that she was divorced recently and looking for an immediate partner. Then, it was in 2019, May 19 to be precise, that I was chatting with a beautiful girl, whom she was to be my wife. She had added me on Facebook after her cousin, my close friend, recommended her. While chatting, we immediately got connected and the bonding grew stronger each passing day. She was by then single and serving as a teacher for the last three years in Sarpang. Thought of leading solitary and pursuing spiritual life has vanished into thin air and was already sharing the news with my family about her. My family has no objection nor from her family. People closed to me like my mom has been wondering when would I get married. She always wanted me to get marry someone with a job and having a good heart. I knew this girl has this quality. The things between us seem so confirming and happened rapidly. Less than a year of the relationship, on 20/01/2020, we got our marriage certificate, permanently sealing our hearts together. Prior to getting the marriage certificate from the court, on that morning, we went to the Sarpang Zangdopelri and prostrated before the Buddhas seeking their blessing.

Few days after the certificate, I found myself heading the road onto Haa. Unfortunately, we were serving in different places; one in the extreme North and one in the South. It was on the road that I understood the meaning of true love for the first time. With an empty heart, I arrived at Haa and we became an online couple. It was beyond imagination for a newly wedded couple to stay away. The nationwide lockdown came our way and kept us physically apart for several months. I have never imagined that my new life would start this way. We missed so many special occasions and celebrations together. We also had a few misunderstandings and were scared of our relationship as people often say that long-distance relationships don't last well. One time, she even blocked me from all the contacts and we stayed without contact for three consecutive days. I was hurt little but I knew she did out of sincere love and care towards me. The good thing is, she is on transfer to Haa and will join me soon, which I am excited about. She also gifted me Airpod pro on valentine's day and I am so fortunate to receive from her all the way from Sarpang. It was surprising and unexpected of her. For this and all the love and care shown to me, I owe her lots and shall render her my deepest love and care and a gift in the next valentine. I will also swear in here that, no matter what comes our way, I will try to stick together and strive to lead a great family life. With full hopes and aspirations, I also seek full blessing from Triple Gem on our way forward into the future. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Truth about FIRST LOVE

Do I really deserve?